Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bakwa Buddah Mountain

Two weekends ago Nandi and I hopped onto our scooters and drove an hour and a half to Chunghua. It was a cool drive, although our motivation wasn't the drive it was the mountain. More specifically the HUGE buddah on top of the mountain named Bakwa.

Changhua city is in Changhua county...I'm in Ching Shuei City in TaiChung County if you were wondering...so I crossed boundaries

Anyway the whole experience was REALLY cool. The Buddha was impressive as was the whole park. There is also a MASSIVE temple up there and it has really intricate details on all the pillars. The whole thing is really impressive,with the attention to detail.


A few interesting things worth commenting on. Its a moderate walk to the top of the mountain, and all along the steps to the tops there are vendors selling food and stuff... the picture shows the Chinese idea of GOOD PADKOS... good times.

Also you can go inside the buddah and look through its eyes to see the view, but unfortunately that part was closed, i nearly snuck across the red tape, but then some people came. And I couldn't think of a way to explain my 'not understanding red tape'.

After we were tired of the Bakwa Buddha we went and had sushi at Carefour... it was incredible. R7.50 a plate, for any plate, even if it was piled with caviare. Too great.

After that we made our tired way home at dusk... got lost but thankfully Nandi managed to figure it out. I had never travelled in that direction so it was all foreign to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment